Thursday, September 14, 2006

Granny Belter!

My sister has just completed her nursing degree. Hooray! 4 years of study and all with a small, but bulky and very powerful, son raised pretty much on her own. That's the reason most people believe her to be my older sister when the contrary is true. Responsibility you see, brings a sense of maturity, apparently.

Anyway, we celebrated with an afternoon lunch and my Gran was there too. We'd eaten the main course and I was hoovering the rest of my pudding when my Gran lets slip that she'd tried to get into the Indian Summer gig we played a couple of Sundays ago in Glasgow's Victoria Park.

My Gran has always stayed near this park and knew there was a bandstand there which she thought we were playing in. She negotiated her way to the entrance and was told that indeed her grandson's band were playing and hadn't he put her on the guest list? Well no, she thought she'd just pop along and besides he'd already put his nephew and sister on the list. Well how much to get in? £33!
My gran got on a bus to go home.

If a story surfaces in a certain Scottish tabloid newspaper regarding a cold-hearted drummer in a minor Glasgow indie band, refusing his 84 year old grandmother entry to his gigs, well at least you'll know all the facts. Won't you?

Lee

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

hi...im writing for mexico city, i saw you at KCRW podcast and sound great.
10 years ago i was run an indie label here
congratulations!!!
if someday came here, tell me please to go to your concert

8:59 am  
Blogger ARTVITOR said...

HI...


i don't speak english !!!!..

i'm an artist ... my name is Giancarlo Vitor... and now i'll write in spanish because is very _?????____ for me continuos???? in your language.


Lo cierto es que ayer (last night) descubri vuestra existencia... ya tenia cierto acercamiento a la musica de Glasgow pues conicia la banda Belle and Sebastian... (excelentes)... sin embargo... anoche despues de mucho tiempo experimente un proceso llamado SINESTESIA... sobre el cual ya realice un proyecto artistico. El punto es que al escuchar una de vuestras musicas...(Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken) inconscientemente me deslice atravez del tiempo hasta hace seis años... reviviendo sensaciones que si bien es cierto no feron del todo agradables.. pero que por otra parte generaron gran nostalgia por los tiempos pasados. El punto es que adoro vuestra musica... me encanta... es siempre grato redescubrir la capacidad que tiene el arte (en todas sus facetas) de poder generar en el ser humano sensaciones (y claro, sentimientos) que muchas veces olvidamos que llevamos dentro. Nuevamente les repito... me encanta lo que hacen... gracias.

mi mail es artvitor@hotmail.com y mi blog es www.artvitor.blogspot.com

9:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home